_ _ _ _ _
/ \ (_)_ __ ___| |_ _ __(_) | _____
/ _ \ | | '__/ __| __| '__| | |/ / _ \
/ ___ \| | | \__ \ |_| | | | < __/
/_/ \_\_|_| |___/\__|_| |_|_|\_\___|
airstrike - 2d dogfight game in the tradition of 'Biplanes' and 'BIP'
Airstrike is a 2d biplane dogfight game in the tradition of the Intellivision
and Amiga games 'Biplanes' and 'BIP'. It features a robust physics engine and
several other extensions of the original games.
Airstrike reads all the configuration options from a configuration file at
startup but you can override from command line a few of the options:
- Runs the game in fullscreen mode.
- Runs game with sound effects, if support for that has been
- Runs the game without sound.
- Game graphics will not be antialiased. This makes it run
- Game graphics will be antialiased.
- --config CONFIGFILE
- Use given configuration file instead of the one which
location is compiled into Airstrike.
Configuration file name is '.airstrikerc' and it's located in your home
Airstrike is controlled from keyboard:
- Plane nose goes up.
- Plane nose goes down.
- Drop a bomb.
- Pause game and open game options menu. From menu you can
change options, view release notes and quit it.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms
specified in the GNU General Public License version 2 (GPL).
- Ulf Ekström
- Game author, programming and graphics
- Peter Eismann
- Windows port, comments and ideas
- Eero Tamminen
- Sound, graphics, game objects, makefiles, comments and
- Alessandro Giusti
- Graphics and ideas
And many others for comments, bug reports and ideas.