an - Anagram generator
[-w] [-c string] [-d dictionary] [-l number_words] [-m word_length]
[-u string] [-n number_anagrams] [-h] [-v] [--words] [--contain string]
[--dict dictionary] [--length number_words] [--minimum word_length] [--used
string] [--number number_anagrams] [--help] [--version] PHRASE
finds all anagrams which can be made from the letters in
, using words in the specified dictionary. The default is to use
- -w, --words
- Print words that the letters in PHRASE can make,
- -c, --contain string
- Only print anagrams which contain string.
- -d, --dict dictionary
- Use dictionary file to find words which the letters
in PHRASE can make.
- -m, --minimum word_length
- Only include word which are at least word_length
- -u, --used string
- Considers that letters in string have already used
when analyzing letters in PHRASE. Like --contain but doesn't
print out string.
- -l, --length number_words
- Finds anagrams which have a maximum of number_words
words in them. This is very useful when number of anagrams which are
output is large.
- -n, --number number_anagrams
- Stops after finding number_anagrams anagrams.
- -h, --help
- Print a usage message on standard output, then exit.
- -v, --version
- Print version information on standard output, then
an -c imp 'Paul Martin'
Finds anagrams for Paul Martin
which contain the word imp
- Coding and algorithm design of original version.
- Algorithm design of original version.
Please note that the email addresses for Richard and Julian are from over ten
years ago and probably no longer work.
Copyright (c) Paul Martin 2012. All rights reserved.