carousel - displays multiple images rotating in a circular formation
] [-visual visual
[-window] [-root] [-count int
] [-zoom | -no-zoom] [-tilt XY
[-titles | -no-titles] [-font font
] [-speed ratio
] [-fps] [-debug] [-wireframe]
Loads several random images, and displays them flying in a circular formation.
The circle changes speed and direction randomly, tilts on its axis, and the
images move in and out.
This program requires a good video card capable of supporting large textures.
To specify the directory that images are loaded from, run
(1) and click on the "Advanced" tab.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -count int
- How many images to display. Default 7.
- -zoom | -no-zoom
- Whether the images should move in and out (toward and away
from the axis of rotation). Default true.
- -tilt XY | -no-tilt
- Whether the axis of rotation should tilt, and how. -tilt
X means that it will tilt toward and away from the viewer. -tilt
Y means that it will tilt to the left and right of the screen.
-tilt XY (the default) means it will do both.
- -titles | -no-titles
- Whether to display the file names of the images beneath
them. Default: yes.
- -font font-name
- The font to use for titles. Note that the size of the font
affects the clarity of the characters, not their size (it is
- -duration seconds
- Every duration seconds, one of the images will be
replaced with a new one. Default 20 seconds.
- -speed ratio
- Speed up or slow down the animation. 0.5 means half as fast
as the default; 2.0 means twice as fast.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 20000 (0.02
- Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon
- Prints debugging info to stderr.
- Another debug mode.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 2005 by Jamie Zawinski.
Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its
documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the
above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright
notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No
representations are made about the suitability of this software for any
purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.