Childsplay - Educational games for young children.
Childsplay is a suite of educational games for young children; it is a fun and
save way to let young children use the computer and at the same time teach
them a little math, letters of the alphabeth, spelling, eye-hand coordination
- show program's version number and exit
- -h, --help
- show this help message and exit
- Don't show login window. This will run schoolsplay in
'anonymous' mode which means that there will be no data collecting
- Enable kioskmode. This will run schoolsplay in kioskmode
which means that there will be no keyboard support.
- (NOT USED YET)The ip nummer of the remote mySQL
- -t THEME, --theme=THEME
- Set the theme schoolsplay will use.
- -l LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL
- Set logging level. Possible values are:
- Enable adminmode. This will run schoolsplay in adminmode
which means that certain extra possibilities are enabled
- Disable any sound. Be aware that certain activities that
rely on sound won't start.
- Disable text before every level's activities.
- Set the language schoolsplay should use. Be aware that not
all languages are supported yet. If your language isn't supported and you
want to provide language support,please contact the schoolsplay team.
- Set the default language. Only use this if you know why you
want to use it.
- Run schoolsplay in fullscreen mode.
- Use a bigger (48x48) cursor.
- Hide the mouse cursor. This is intended for
- No 'are you sure?' questions will be asked
- No '4,3,2,1' countdown screen will displayed between
- Set the username to be used for dbase actions
- Don't show graphics and don't play a sound between
- Check the SP log for anomalies in the logs.
- When running on wellknown crapware like the white MSI 1900
set this option and we try to work around the various OS/hardware
- Return the version number in a plain string
- If we should kill any running btp, a pid must be given. BTP
is started again when childsplay quits. (ONLY available on BTP
- If we killed any running btp, we use this to start BTP
again when childsplay quits. (ONLY available on BTP machines)
This manpage was written for the debian package using help2man as a starting
- For more documentation about the project go to