cwaves - languid sinusoidal colors
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual
] [-delay usecs
] [-waves int
] [-colors int
program draws a languidly-scrolling vertical field of
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -delay microseconds
- How much of a delay should be introduced between steps of
the animation. Default 20000, or about 1/50th second.
- -waves int
- How many cosines to add together. The more waves, the more
complex the apparent motion.
- -colors int
- How many colors to use. Default 800. The more colors, the
smoother the blending will be.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 2007 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify,
distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is
hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in
all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice
appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the
suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is"
without express or implied warranty.
Jamie Zawinski <email@example.com>, 2-Jul-2007.