darkplaces - an engine for iD software's Quake and related games
] [ +set cvar
] [ +console commands
is an OpenGL-only engine for Quake and related games, with
greatly enhanced effects and lighting and many features for mods.
This program follows the Quake convention, with long options starting with a
single dash (`-'). Options include:
- Specify the location of the game data files. The default is
the current directory, which is not usually useful.
- Run as a dedicated server, without the GUI. Alternatively,
you can run darkplaces-server if installed.
- Start the game using the files from a mission pack or a
- Start the game with the Hipnotic mission pack.
- Start the game with the Rogue mission pack.
- Expect the basedir to contain the standalone game
Nexuiz, instead of Quake.
Various other mods and standalone games are supported, see
DarkPlaces was based on Quake by id Software, and is maintained by LordHavoc and
This manual page was written by David Banks <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Simon
McVittie <email@example.com> for the Debian project, and may be used by