deal - bridge hand generator
[ -ltv ] [ -e expr ] [ -i condition file ] [ -I format ] [ -s seed ]
[ -[NSEW] hand-spec ] [ count ]
is a program to generate bridge hands.
- Write deals in a "single-line" format.
- Print distribution table and exit. The distribution table
is an ordered list of all possible hand patterns for a single hand.
- Be verbose, print sample count.
- -e expr
- Evaluate the Tcl expression expr.
- -i condition file
- File that defines the hand type to generate or the output
format. (Can be given multiple times.)
- -I format
- Read hands from stdin. Formats available are: ddline,
giblib, line, pbn, smartstack. You might deal, say, 10,000 hands which
satisfy specific criteria, saving them to a file. Then you can use that
output for input with deal -I to find out which hands satisfy other
- -s seed
- Initialize random generator with seed.
- -[NSEW] hand-spec
- Specifies the cards held by the specified hand. The
hand-spec should be of the form: "AK8532 - KQ72 A65". Voids must
be represented with a '-' character. hand-spec should be one argument, so
the string should be quoted on the command line.
- Number of hands to generate, default is 10.
deal was written by Thomas Andrews <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This manual page was written by Christoph Berg <email@example.com>, for the
Debian project (but may be used by others).