emp_hub - Empire multiplexer
emp_hub [-persistent] [-debug] [-help] [-mirror] host port
allows multiple clients to simultaneously connect to a single
Empire country. This allows you to use both a fast and a smart client
simultaneously. It also permits multiple corulers to log in at once.
- Hostname of the upstream server.
- TCP/IP port number the empire server is running on.
- TCP/IP port number the emp_hub should listen to for
incoming client connections.
- Copy commands and replies to all clients using new
protocols. Currently only the lafe client is aware of these
protocols, though most clients will ignore them.
- Normally emp_hub exits after the last client
disconnects. With this option emp_hub does not exit, and will wait
for new clients to connect. emp_hub must be killed by the user
using the kill command.
- Brief usage information.
- Print lots of messages, including everything sent and
received by a client. Useful when debugging either emp_hub , a
client, or the server.
emp_server(6), emp_client(6), emp_hub(6), pei(6), eif(6),
Due to the nature of the empire protocol, only one client may have input focus
at one time. If a client pauses at a context sensitive prompt from the server,
all other clients will be unable to send data.
This manual page was written by Drake Diedrich