flame - draw weird cosmic fractals
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual
] [-colors integer
] [-iterations integer
] [-delay microseconds
] [-delay2 microseconds
program generates colorful fractal displays.
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -colors integer
- How many colors should be used (if possible). Default
- -iterations integer
- How many fractals to generate. Default 25.
- -points integer
- How many pixels to draw for each fractal. Default
- -delay microseconds
- How long we should wait between drawing each fractal.
Default 50000, or about 1/20th second.
- -delay2 microseconds
- How long we should wait before clearing the screen when
each run ends. Default 2000000, or two seconds.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 1991 by Patrick J. Naughton
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that
the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright
notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation.
Scott Graves <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 06-Jun-91.n
Ability to run standalone or with xscreensaver
added by Jamie Zawinski