freecol - A free clone of Colonization
This manual page documents briefly the freecol
command. This manual page
was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not
have a manual page.
is a free clone of the famous game Colonization. It's a turn
based strategy game in which each player becomes leader of an European nation,
fighting to obtain the independence of the mother country.
A multiplayer mode has been added to the original game.
A summary of options is included below.
- --freecol-data DIR
- DIR should be the directory with FreeCol's data files, it
has a subdirectory called images.
- Runs FreeCol in windowed mode instead of full screen
- Runs FreeCol without sound.
- Shows summary of options.
- Shows version of program.
- --server PORT
- Starts a stand-alone server on the specified port.
FreeCol is available under GPL license terms.
This program is a shell script wrapper based on java-wrappers
therefore benefit from several features; please see the
(7) manual page.
This manual page was written by Jean Lepropre
<email@example.com>, for the Debian project (but may
be used by others).
It was updated by Vincent Fourmond <firstname.lastname@example.org>