gflux - rippling surface graphics hack
] [-window] [-root] [-install]
] [-delay microseconds
] [-squares num
] [-mode mode
] [-flat num
] [-rotationx num
] [-rotationy num
] [-waves num
] [-waveChange num
] [-waveFreq num
] [-zoom num
] [-wireframe] [-fps]
program draws a colourfull animated rippling square rotating in
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -squares num
- Specifies the size of the grid in squares. default 19
- -resolution num
- Specifies the wireframe detail of the squares. default
- -mode mode
- Specifies the draw method: wireframe; solid (meaning a
solid colored surface); light (same as solid, but with lighting effects);
checker (a texture-mapped checkerboard pattern); or grab (meaning grab an
image to manipulate.)
When grabbing images, the image will be grabbed from the portion of the
screen underlying the window, or from the system's video input, or from a
random file on disk, as indicated by the grabDesktopImages,
grabVideoFrames, and chooseRandomImages options in the
~/.xscreensaver file; see xscreensaver-demo(1) for more
- Same as "-mode wire".
- -flat num
- 0 for smooth shading 1 for flat. default 0
- -speed num
- Specifies speed of ripples flowing over the surface.
- -rotationx num -rotationy num -rotationz
- Specifies the speed of rotation of the surface in these
- -waves num
- Specifies the number of ripple centres at any one time.
Values should be greater than 1. default 3
- -waveChange num
- Specifies the duration of a ripple centre. after this they
fade away to be reborn elsewhere with a different frequency. default
- -waveHeight num
- Specifies the height of ripples on the surface. default
- -waveFreq num
- Specifies the maximum frequency of ripples. default
- -zoom num
- Specifies the size of the viewport. Smaller values fill the
screen with rippling surface. default 1.0
- -delay microseconds
- How long to pause between frames. Default is 20000, or 0.02
- Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 2000 by Josiah Pease. Permission to use, copy, modify,
distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is
hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in
all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice
appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the
suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is"
without express or implied warranty.
Josiah Pease <email@example.com>, 10-Jun-2000.