halo - draw circular patterns
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual
] [-count int
] [-delay usecs
] [-mode seuss | ramp |
random ] [-animate] [-colors integer
program draws cool patterns based on circles.
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -count integer
- How many circles to draw. Default 0, meaning random.
- -mode seuss | ramp | random
- In seuss mode, alternating striped curves will be
In ramp mode, a color ramp will be drawn.
random means pick the mode randomly.
- -delay microseconds
- How much of a delay should be introduced between steps of
the animation. Default 100000, or about 0.1 second.
- -colors integer
- How many colors to use. Default 100.
- If specified, then the centerpoints of the circles will
bounce around. Otherwise, the circles will be drawn once, erased, and a
new set of circles will be drawn.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 1993 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify,
distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is
hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in
all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice
appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the
suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is"
without express or implied warranty.
Jamie Zawinski <email@example.com>, 6-jul-93.