helix - draw helical string-art patterns
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-erase-speed
] [-erase-mode integer
] [-delay seconds
program draws interesting patterns composed of line segments in
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome
- -delay seconds
- This sets the number of seconds that the helix will be on
- -subdelay microseconds
- This sets the amount of time to pause periodically while
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 1992 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify,
distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is
hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in
all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice
appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the
suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is"
without express or implied warranty.
Jamie Zawinski <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 13-aug-92. Screen eraser improved by
Johannes Keukelaar <email@example.com>,