hyper - non-euclidean graphical rogue-like game
This manual page documents briefly the hyper
is a game in which the player collects treasures and fights
monsters -- rogue-like but for the fact that it is played on the hyperbolic
plane and not in euclidean space.
Most configuration can be accessed inside the game after pressing the v
Some configured options can be overridden from the command line:
- -c configfile
- Instead of the default ~/.hyperrogue.ini, read and
write the configuration from the specified configfile.
- -s highscorefile
- Instead of the default ~/.hyperrogue.log, read and
write high scores from the specified highscorefile.
- Start in fulls screen mode.
- Start in windowed mode.
- Use Escher stype graphics.
- Use ASCII stype graphics.
- Use plain graphics.
- -r WxHxF
- Set the resolution to W times H, and font
size to F.
- -h, --help
- Show summary of options.
- -v, --version
- Show version of program.
In-game help is available after pressing F1
. It is context sensitive; put
the cursor away from user interface elements and press F1
The online manual for hyper
can be viewed at
By pressing F6
, the builtin polygon editor is invoked. It is not a fully
featured hyperbolic geometry program, but is useful for designing individual
player characters (using which requires modifications to the game's source
code). Again, F1
displays a help screen.
Some advanced options are available by pressing Fn
keys inside the
- Cheat (gives one of each item, 50 killed monsters, golems
or mirages, and an orb).
- Save a screenshot in BMP format in the current
- Save a high resolution screenshot with different
- Enter demo mode (give many items, and denser worlds).
HyperRogue was written by Zeno Rogue.
This manual page was written by chrysn <firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Debian
project (and may be used by others).