ifs - draws spinning, colliding iterated-function-system images
] [-visual visual
[-window] [-root] [-no-db] [-delay number
] [-detail number
] [-functions number
] [-iterate | -recurse]
[-no-rotate] [-no-scale] [-no-translate] [-fps]
program draws spinning, colliding iterated-function-system
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Disable double-buffering.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 20000
- -colors number
- Number of colours to use. Default: 200
- -detail number
- In -iterate mode, number of times to randomly
iterate the functions, in thousands. In -recurse mode, number of
times to apply functions (recursion depth) before drawing each point.
- -functions number
- Number of functions to be iterated. Default: 3
- Calculate by iteratively applying the functions in a random
order, usually faster than -recurse. This is the default.
- Calculate by recursively applying all combinations of the
functions. This is the historical behavior and may produce neater output
- Disable the rotation component of the functions.
- Disable the scaling component of the functions.
- Disable the varying translation component of the
- Turn off multi-coloured mode, only one colour is used to
colour the whole set.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © Chris Le Sueur and Robby Griffin, 2005-2006
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of
this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the
rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or
sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO
EVENT SHALL THE X CONSORTIUM BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
This version by Chris Le Sueur <email@example.com>, Feb 2005 Many
improvements by Robby Griffin <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mar 2006