interaggregate - Visualize the momentary and aggregate intersections between
slowly moving circles.
] [-background color
] [-num-circles disc count
] [-max-cycles maxr
] [-base-orbits percent
The Intersection Aggregate is a fun visualization defining the relationships
between objects with Casey Reas, William Ngan, and Robert Hodgin. Commissioned
for display at the Whitney Museum of American Art.
A surface filled with 100 medium to small sized circles. Each circle has a
different size and direction, but moves at the same slow rate. Display:
A. The instantaneous intersections of the circles.
B. The aggregate intersections of the circles.
Ported to XScreensaver from the art project "InterAggregate" at
http://www.complexification.net by J.Tarbell
accepts the following options:
- -num-circles disc count (Default:
- Number of slowly moving and growing discs to use. The more
discs, the more CPU power.
- -growth-delay delayms (Default:
- Delay in ms between drawing cycles. More delay, slower (but
smoother and less CPU intensive.) art.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
- Setting the background to anything besides black confuses
- algorithm and will look terrible.
Copyright © 2003 by J. Tarbell (email@example.com,
Ported to XScreensaver 2005 by David Agraz.
J. Tarbell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jun-03
David Agraz <email@example.com>, Apr-05.