moon-buggy - drive some car across the moon
moon-buggy [-hnsV] [--help] [--no-title] [--show-scores] [--version]
is a simple character graphics game, where you drive some kind
of car across the moon´s surface. Unfortunately there are dangerous
craters there. Fortunately your car can jump over them!
The program understands the following command line options.
- -h, --help
- shows a short usage message.
- -m, --mesg
- disable write access to your terminal by other users, so
your boss can´t disturb your game play with the help of
"write" or "finger".
- -n, --no-title
- skips the title screen.
- -s, --show-scores
- shows the current highscore list and exits.
- -V, --version
- prints the program´s version to standard output and
The moon-buggy is controlled by a couple of keys, which are described near the
bottom of the screen. Most important are the following keys.
- SPC, j
- makes your car jump. The length of a jump is fixed and you
can only start a new jump, while the wheels have contact to the
- a, l
- fires the mining laser. The laser is used to remove stones,
which may block your way.
- quits the game prematurely. But you still keep your score
and may enter the highscore list.
The following files on your system are related to moon-buggy.
- the moon-buggy executable.
- the global score file
Moon-buggy Usage and Maintenance
- the local score file. This is used, if moon-buggy
has no write access to the global score file.
by Jochen Voss.
Copyright © 2004 Jochen Voss
is free software. Read the file COPYING
of the source
code distribution for details or press ´c´ at
´s title screen.
The program moon-buggy
was implemented by Jochen Voss