netPanzer - an online multiplayer tactical warfare game
This program is a free (GPL) isometric view real-time tactical game designed for
play across the Internet and over LAN systems. One on one games are possible
via direct connect or modem.
netPanzer is designed for FAST ACTION combat -- it is not another resource
management clone. In fact, there aren't any resources at all. Each player will
have many units of different types at their disposal. Players can fight until
their units are destroyed -- then respawn and keep on going.
The game is real-time, but it's based on quick tactical action and unit
management. Battles progress quickly and constantly; in fact, they never let
up. There is no stop in the action because there is no waiting for resources
to be collected and converted into weaponry. Players can join or leave
multiplayer games at any time.
The following options are supported.
- -h, --help
- Shows usage instructions.
- Shows version information.
- -c, --connect=VALUE
- Connects directly to the specified server.
- -d, --dedicated
- Runs as dedicated server.
- -b, --bot=VALUE
- Connects as bot to specific server.
- -p, --port=VALUE
- Runs server on specified port. (the server uses TCP and UDP
- -g, --debug
- Enables debug output.
- Uses the specified master server. You can use 'none' if you
don't want to use master server.
- Uses the specified file as config file. Only files from the
netpanzer's config directory can be used.
- Shows version of network protocol.
- Creates a pidfile at the specified location.