pax-britannica - one-button real-time strategy game
This manual page briefly documents the pax-britannica
is a multi-player real-time strategy game that is played
using only one button for each player.
- Send log messages to standard error, instead of
The A, F, H, and L keys control the four players, and the escape key quits.
Gamepads are also supported.
Holding down the button spins the needle on the radial menu in the middle of the
player´s factory ship. The needle will only travel as far as the
player´s current resources allow. Resources (gold? seaweed? who knows!)
accumulate over time. Releasing the button creates a ship that corresponds to
the quadrant that the needle is pointing at.
- Q1 - Fighter
- Small, fast and cheap. Great at chasing down bombers.
- Q2 - Bomber
- Shoots slow projectiles that do massive damage to frigates
or enemy factory ships!
- Q3 - Frigate
- A great hulk of a ship that fires volleys of heat-seeking
torpedoes. Effective against fighters.
- Q4 - Upgrade
- Improve your factory ship to accumulate resources more