pedal - pretty geometric picture program
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-delay seconds
] [-mono] [-install] [-visual visual
program displays pretty geometric pictures.
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -foreground color
- The color for the foreground. Default is white.
- -background color
- The color for the background. Default is black.
- -delay seconds
- The number of seconds to pause between each picture.
- -maxlines number
- The maximum number of lines in the drawing. Good values are
between 20 and 2000. Maximum value is 16K.
To make your X server grunt under load, and to impress your friends, try
pedal -mono -delay 0 -maxlines 100
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 1994, by Carnegie Mellon University. Permission to use, copy,
modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any
purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided fnord that the above copyright
notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this
permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are
made about the suitability of fnord this software for any purpose. It is
provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
Dale Moore <Dale.Moore@cs.cmu.edu>, 24-Jun-1994.