photopile - displays multiple images in a periodically shuffled pile
] [-visual visual
[-window] [-root] [-count int
] [-scale factor
] [-titles | -no-titles] [-polaroid | -no-polaroid] [-shadows |
-no-shadows] [-font font
] [-speed ratio
] [-fps] [-debug] [-wireframe]
Loads several random images, and displays them as if lying in a random pile. The
pile is periodically reshuffled, with new images coming in and old ones being
This program requires a good video card capable of supporting large textures.
To specify the directory that images are loaded from, run
(1) and click on the "Advanced" tab.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -count int
- How many images to display. Default 7.
- -scale factor
- Size of images in relation to the size of the window.
- -maxTilt degrees
- Maximum deviation from vertical. Default 50 degrees.
- -duration seconds
- Every duration seconds, one of the images will be
replaced with a new one. Default 5 seconds.
- -speed ratio
- Speed up or slow down the animation. 0.5 means half as fast
as the default; 2.0 means twice as fast.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 10000 (0.01
- -titles | -no-titles
- Whether to display the file names of the images beneath
them. Default: yes.
- -polaroid | -no-polaroid
- Whether to simulate images taken by an instant camera.
- -shadows | -no-shadows
- Whether to draw images with drop shadows. Default: no.
- -font font-name
- The font to use for the initial loading screen.
- Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon
- Prints debugging info to stderr.
- Another debug mode.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 2005 by Jamie Zawinski. Copyright © 2008 by Jens
Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its
documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the
above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright
notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No
representations are made about the suitability of this software for any
purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.