pioneers-metaserver - metaserver for Pioneers
is an implementation of the popular, award-winning
"Settlers of Catan" board game. It uses a client/server model for
networked play. This program provides a piece of network infrastructure that
helps match pioneers clients to pioneers servers. Casual players of pioneers
probably do not need to run this program.
- -?, --help
- Print a short help text and exit.
- -d, --daemon
- Run in daemon mode.
- -P, --pidfile pidfile
- Write the pid to pidfile (implies -d)
- -r, --redirect location
- Redirect to another metaserver running at location.
- -s, --servername hostname
- Use hostname as hostname when creating servers.
- -p, --port-range from-to
- Use ports in the range from-to (inclusive) to
start servers. When this range is not specified, the metaserver will not
be able to create new games.
- Enable debug messages.
- Duplicate the messages of the syslog to the console.
- Show version information.
The default settings of the metaserver can be influenced with the following
three environment variables:
- The hostname the metaserver will use when creating new
games. This should be a hostname that can be resolved by all clients that
- The path (including the filename) to
pioneers-server-console. If it contains only a filename and no path
or if it is not set, the PATH variable in the environment is used to
locate the program.
- The path to the game definition files. If it is not set,
the default installation path will be used.
Shutdown the metaserver gracefully (can also
be used to check for memory leaks)
This manual page was written by Jeff Breidenbach <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and
updated by Roland Clobus <email@example.com> and Bas Wijnen
<firstname.lastname@example.org>. Pioneers was written by Dave Cole
<email@example.com>, Andy Heroff <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and Roman
Hodek <email@example.com>, with contributions from many other developers
on the Internet; see the AUTHORS file in the pioneers distribution or the
help->about dialog in one of the graphical programs for a complete list of