pong - Pong Home Video Game Emulator
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual
] [-clock float
] [-noise] [-fps]
program simulates an ancient Pong home video game, as well as
various artifacts from displaying it on a color TV set.
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- The score of the game will be the current time.
- -noise float
- How noisy the video signal should be (between 0.0 and 4.0
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- (-p1 | -p2) mode
- Set a player to either ai, mouse,
tablet, kbleft (for W and S), or kbright (or just
kb, for arrow keys).
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Notable X resources supported include the following which correspond to standard
TV controls: analogTVTint
, and analogTVContrast
. They range from 0 to
100, except for tint which is an angle between -180 and +180.
Pong may be a trademark.
2003 by Jeremy English. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell
this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without
fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this
software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or
Original Pong program by Jeremy English <email@example.com>. Scoring and
television emulation by Trevor Blackwell <firstname.lastname@example.org>.