quasicrystal - aperiodic plane tilings.
] [-window] [-root] [-delay number
] [-speed number
] [-contrast percent
] [-no-wander] [-no-spin]
A quasicrystal is a structure that is ordered but aperiodic. Two-dimensional
quasicrystals can be generated by adding a set of planes where x is the sine
of y. Different complex aperiodic plane tilings are produced depending on the
period, position, and rotation of the component planes, and whether the
rotation of the planes is evenly distributed around the circle (the
"symmetric" option, above) or random. See also the
"RD-Bomb", "CWaves" and "Penrose" screen savers.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 30000 (0.03
- -speed number
- Animation speed. 2 for twice as fast, 0.5 for half as
- -contrast contrast
- Contrast. Sort of. Default 30%.
- -count number
- How many planes to use. Default 17.
- -wander | -no-wander
- Whether the planes should displace horizontally and
- -spin | -no-spin
- Whether the planes should rotate.
- Allow each plane to rotate freely instead of being
constrained to an even distribution around the circle.
- -fps | -no-fps
- Whether to show a frames-per-second display at the bottom
of the screen.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 2013 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify,
distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is
hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in
all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice
appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the
suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is"
without express or implied warranty.