rbdoom3bfg - Robert Beckeban's Doom 3 BFG Edition
is a port of the id-soft released GPL'ed version of the Doom 3
BFG-Edition engine. It targets Linux support, 64-bit support and source code
The goal of RBDoom3BFG is to bring Doom 3 BFG with the help of SDL to all
suitable platforms. Bugs present in the original DOOM 3 will be fixed (when
identified) without altering the original game-play.
The game can be tweaked using some console commands which usually also can be
passed using the commandline.
Below, for any values named boolean
a "0" means disable and
Note that some values might be stored in the user's profile and are persistent
- +set fs_game modDirectoryName
- Defines the mod directory to be used. Best used with
- +set fs_resourceLoadPriority
- When value is 0 set priority the mod's
content over the game's one.
- +set com_allowconsole boolean
- Allow (default) or disallow console access.
- +set com_showFPS value
- show frames rendered per second. Use this value:
0 to turn off (default),
1 default bfg values,
2 only show FPS (classic view)
- +set com_speeds boolean
- Show engine timings. Default is off.q
- +set com_forceGenericSIMD boolean
- Force the use of generic platform independent SIMD code.
Default is off.
To actually play Doom3 BFG Edition, you need a copy of the (non-free) game data.
Please see /usr/share/doc/rbdoom3bfg/README.txt.gz for details.
This manpage was written by Tobias Frost <email@example.com> and is licensed
under the GPL-2 or at your option any later version.