redeclipse-server - script to launch the server for the Red Eclipse FPS game
Red Eclipse is a single-player and multi-player first-person ego-shooter, built
as a total conversion of Cube Engine 2, which lends itself toward a balanced
gameplay, with a general theme of agility in a variety of environments.
is a script which executes the redeclipse-server
binary from the /usr/lib/games/redeclipse
The recommended way to change the settings of the server is to create and edit
the file servinit.cfg in your home directory. Examples are available in
- Sets your home directory to homedir. This is where
servinit.cfg is read from, it defaults to $HOME/.redeclipse/.
- Includes the data files found in packagedir. Can be
used for adding additional maps that may be distributed to clients. By
default redeclipse-server only includes data files in the working
directory /usr/share/games/redeclipse/data and in the subdirecory
temp of the home directory.
- Sets the path to your Sauerbraten directory. If the Red
Eclipse server can find your Sauerbraten directory, it will be able to
load and distribute maps from it.
- Output log to logfile. Path is set relative to
homedir unless a leading ´ /' is used, uses stdout if
-g is given without a parameter. Defaults to stdout.
- Sets server type. 0 for local only, 1 for private, 2 for
public, 3 for dedicated. Defaults to 1.
- Sets the join password to joinpass. Users must know
the password before they can connect.
- Sets the admin password to adminpass.
- Sets the maximum number of clients to maxclients.
- Sets default map to defaultmap.
- -x"command 1; command 2; ..."
- Executes a list of commands once the Red Eclipse server has
- Binds the server to the host address serverip. Only
needed for machines with more than one interface.
- sets the server port to serverport.
- Uses servermaster as the master server, defaults to
- Contacts the master server using port
servermasterport, defaults to 28800.
- Caps upstream rate to serveruprate. Once the cap is
hit it will likely cause major connection glitching and disconnects. Use
maxclients for bandwitch limiting instead.
- Enables the server to act as a master server, defaults to
- Binds the master server to the host address
masterip. Only needed for machines with more than one interface,
defaults to localhost.
- Binds the master server to the host port masterport,
defaults to 28800.
- Display this manpage
redeclipse-server -p$HOME/mod/data -ss0 -slbath -sPpass
- Sets verbosity. This affects how much information is
printed to the console. 0 is the least verbose, 4 is the most verbose.
Loads data from an additional directory, sets
the server type to local (LAN), sets the default map to "bath" and
sets the admin password to "pass"
Reads and writes the configuration files to
the specified directory instead of $HOME/.redeclipse/.
Red Eclipse's main developers are Quinton "quin" Reeves and Lee
This manual page was written by Martin Erik Werner
Red Eclipse was forked as a continuation of the game Bloodfrontier, which in
turn was based on the Cube2 engine and the Sauerbraten game. Red Eclipse and
Sauerbraten are now developed in parallel.