rorschach - simulate ink-blot patterns
] [-background color
] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install]
] [-iterations integer
] [-offset integer
[-xsymmetry] [-ysymmetry] [-erase-speed usecs
] [-delay secs
program draws random patterns reminiscent of the
psychological test of same name.
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -iterations integer
- How many dots should be drawn each time. Default 4000.
- -offset integer
- How far apart the dots should be. Default 4 pixels.
- Whether the images should be horizontally symmetrical.
- Whether the images should be vertically symmetrical.
- -erase-speed usecs
- This controls the speed at which the screen will be erased.
(Delay between erasing of individual lines.)
- -delay seconds
- This sets the number of seconds that the figure will be on
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
May call your sanity into question.
Copyright © 1992 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify,
distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is
hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in
all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice
appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the
suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is"
without express or implied warranty.
Jamie Zawinski <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 13-aug-92.