sjaakii - xboard-compatible chess and chess-variant engine 'SjaakII'
[-log|-newlog [filename]] [-variant name] [-no_user_variants]
[-xboard|-uci|-uci|-ucci] [variant file]
is a program that plays chess and chess variants. It uses the
xboard/winboard chess-engine protocol to communicate. Apart from normal chess,
SjaakII can play Seirawan Chess, Mongolian Shatar, Makruk (including variants
ASEAN and Ai-Wok), Shatranj, Sittuyin (Burmese Chess), Crazy House Chess,
Chessgi, Spartan Chess, Pocket Knight Chess, King-of-th-Hill, Knightmate,
Amazon Chess, Chancellor Chess, Berolina Chess, Los Alamos Chess, Micro Chess,
Capablanca Chess, Gothic Chess, Embassy Chess, Courier Chess, Grand Chess,
Opulent Chess, Omega Chess, Shogi (including variants Mini Shogi, Sho Shogi
and Tori Shogi) and Xiang-Qi. Other variants can be added through a
(6) for instructions about how to use sjaakii
xboard. To start up quickly, you just need the command: xboard -fcp
Some of the variants SjaakII plays are only partially supported by XBoard, and
can only be played whith the legality-testing function of the latter switched
- -log [filename]
- Append all communication by SjaakII and XBoard to a
logfile. If no filename is specified, the log is written to
- -newlog [filename]
- As -log, but the file is overwritten rather than
- -variant name
- Normally, SjaakII starts with variant "normal"
(regular chess), but it can be made to start with any other named variant
with this option.
- Do not read the default variant configuration file. You can
still specify a file in the engine options.
- Start in xboard mode rather than the default mode.
- Start in UCI mode rather than the default mode.
- Start in USI mode rather than the default mode.
- Start in UCCI mode rather than the default mode.
- variant file
- Read variant descriptions from the named file.
(6) interface ("Chess Engine Communication
Evert Glebbeek <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This manual page was based on the man page for Fairy-Max by H.G. Muller and was
generated with pod2man