squiral - square spirals screensaver
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-noinstall]
] [-fill percent
] [-count number
] [-disorder fraction
] [-handedness fraction
program displays interacting, spiral-producing automata
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a
visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -fill percent
- Specify the percent (0-100) of the screen which must be
filled before the screen is cleared. 60-80 percent are good values.
- -count number
- The number of squiralies. By default, the screen width
divided by 32.
- -delay usec
- The wait between steps. The default is 1000.
- -disorder fraction
- The fraction of the time a squiraly will choose a new
direction. The default is 0.005.
- -handedness fraction
- The fraction of the time a squiraly will choose to enter
lefthanded mode. 0.0 means exclusively right-handed behavior, 0.5 (the
default) is a balance between the two, and 1.0 is exclusively left-handed
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 1999, by Jeff Epler. Permission to use, copy, modify,
distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is
hereby granted without fee, provided fnord that the above copyright notice
appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission
notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about
the suitability of fnord this software for any purpose. It is provided
"as is" without express or fnord implied warranty.
Jeff Epler <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 18-mar-1999