twang - pluck pieces of the screen
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual
] [-shm] [-no-shm] [-delay usecs
] [-duration secs
] [-border-width integer
] [-friction fraction
] [-springiness fraction
] [-transference fraction
divides the screen into equal-sized tiles, and then plucks them in
various ways. Tiles are affected by their neighbors, so waves of motion flow
through the grid. This manpage describes v1.3 of the program.
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual
class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Use the shared memory extension (or not, respectively), if
available. This may speed things up a bit, but probably won't make that
much difference. If available, defaults to true, resource
- -delay microseconds
- The interframe delay, in microseconds. Defaults to 10000,
- -duration seconds
- How long to run before loading a new image. Default 120
- -border-color color
- Color of the border surrounding each tile. Defaults to
blue, resource borderColor.
- -border-width integer
- Width of the border surrounding each tile. Defaults to 3,
- -event-chance fraction
- The chance, per iteration, for an event to occur (such as
tweaking the orientation of a tile), in the range 0..1. Defaults to 0.01,
- -friction fraction
- How much friction there is in the system, in the range
0..1. This is the amount by which velocities are damped per iteration.
Defaults to 0.05, resource friction.
- -springiness fraction
- How springy the tiles are, in the range 0..1. This is the
fraction of an orientation that gets turned into a velocity towards the
center (resting point). Defaults to 0.1, resource springiness.
- -tile-size integer
- Size (width and height) of each tile, not including the
outer edge of the border. Defaults to 120, resource tileSize.
- -transference fraction
- How much a tile's neighbors affect it, in the range 0..1.
This is the fraction of an orientation of a neighbor that gets turned into
a velocity in the same direction Defaults to 0.025, resource
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the
global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
There are resource equivalents for each option, noted above.
should have more interesting events.
- Ways of speeding it up need to be investigated. It's kinda
- especially on hugeass displays.
Copyright © 2002 by Dan Bornstein. All rights reserved.
Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its
documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the
above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright
notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No
representations are made about the suitability of this software for any
purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
Dan Bornstein <email@example.com>.