uqm - Ur-Quan Masters
The Ur-Quan Masters is a 2D inter-galatic adventure game. You return to Earth
with a vessel built from technology discovered from an ancient race called the
Precursors only to find it enslaved. Gather allies from a wide variety of
races, engage in space combat with various foes, and save the galaxy from the
Valid command line options:
- -h, --help
- Display a help message.
- -r, --res resolution
- Sets the screen resolution. Unless --opengl is set, the
only valid values are 640x480 and 320x240.
- -f, --fullscreen
- Uses full screen mode. Pretty straightforward. Usually good
to combine with -r 320x240.
- -o, --opengl
- Use OpenGL drivers. This produces higher-quality graphics,
and may be faster as well -- but it also may not work on older cards.
- -c, --scale=mode
- Graphics scaling mode (linear, biadapt, biadv, triscan,
hq). Default is none. Try these to get smoother graphics with cost on
- -b, --meleezoom=mode
- Melee scaling mode (step, aka pc, or smooth, aka 3do).
Default is 3do. Slower machine owners can set it to nearest to get better
performance in melee but degraded visual quality.
- -s, --scanlines
- Simulates interlaced displays.
- -p, --fps
- Print fps information in the status window.
- -g, --gamma value
- Sets gamma correction. 1.0 causes no change (unless your
graphics card is originally set to a different value). Higher than 1.0
makes the image brighter, lower than 1.0 makes it darker.
- -C. --configdir directory
- Set the directory where the game will seek its
- -n, --contentdir directory
- Set the directory where the game will seek its data.
- -M, --musicvol volume
- Set music volume (0-100).
- -S, --sfxvol volume
- Set sound effects volume (0-100).
- -T, --speechvol volume
- Set speech volume (0-100). If set to 0, game runs in 'no
speech' mode and oscilloscope reacts to the music.
- -q, --audioquality high | medium | low
- Specifies how nice the audio sounds. Slower machines should
lower the audio quality.
- -u, --nosubtitles
- Disables subtitles.
- -l, --logfile file
- Sends console output to a logfile.
- --addon addon
- Replace addon by the name of an add-on to enable in
the game. May be specified multiple times.
- --sound openal | mixsdl | none
- Specifies which driver/mixer to use. Default is mixsdl.
openal is only available when it has been compiled in. It may produce
higher-quality sound and will probably be faster, but it is not very
stable on linux platforms, and may not work well with some sound cards.
Use "none" as a last resort if you cannot get other drivers to
work, or if you have no soundcard.
- Enables positional sound effects in melee. Currently works
only when using openal.
- --nethostN hostname
- Server to connect to for player N (1=bottom, 2=top)
- --netportN port
- port to connect to/listen on for player N (1=bottom, 2=top)
The default port is 21837.
- --netdelay frames
- Number of frames to buffer/delay network input for.
- -m, --music 3do | pc
- Controls use of the 3DO remixed soundtrack for songs that
were in fact remixed. 3DO is the default.
- -i, --intro 3do | pc
- Controls the intro/ending version. 3DO is the default.
- --cscan pc | 3do
- Use either PC (text) or 3DO (pictograms) style planet
information when scanning. The default is PC.
- --menu pc | 3do
- Use either PC style (text and 'CREW'/'BATT') or 3DO
(pictograms) in melee. The default is PC.
- --font pc | 3do
- Use either PC or 3DO style fonts and colors. The default is
- --shield pc | 3do
- Use either PC style (static) or 3DO style (throbbing) slave
shield. The default is PC.
- --scroll pc | 3do
- Scroll voice-over/subtitles 1 page at a time (PC style) or
smoothly (3DO style) when using left/right arrow keys. The default is
The Ur-Quan Masters was derived from code written by Toys for Bob, Inc. for the
3DO version of 'Star Control II', with their permission and encouragement. See
for a complete list of authors.