cdist-type__block - Manage blocks of text in files
Manage a block of text in an existing file. The block is identified using the
prefix and suffix parameters. Everything between prefix and suffix is
considered to be a managed block of text.
- the text to manage. If text is '-' (dash), take what was
written to stdin as the text.
- the file in which to manage the text block. Defaults to
- the prefix to add before the text. Defaults to
- the suffix to add after the text. Defaults to
- 'present' or 'absent', defaults to 'present'
- block was added
- block was updated/changed
- block was removed
# text from argument
__block /path/to/file \
--prefix '#start' \
--suffix '#end' \
--text 'some\nblock of\ntext'
# text from stdin
__block some-id \
--file /path/to/file \
--text - << DONE
here some block
Steven Armstrong < steven-cdist--@--armstrong.cc
Copyright (C) 2013 Steven Armstrong. You can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any