- Creative Labs CA106 (AudigyLS/SBLive 24bit) driver.
Open Sound System driver for Creative Labs Audigy2-LS and SBLive 24bit 7.1
Audigy-LS device characteristics:
- 8/16/24 bit playback/record
- mono/stereo/4/5.1 playback
- 8KHz to 192Khz sample rate.
There are 2 models of the AudigyLS device: one with an AC97 codec called the
AudigyLS and the one without called the SBLive 7.1. Essentially they are the
same chip but behave a bit differently.
When playing AC3 on the AudigyLS (the one with the AC97 mixer) - you need to
ensure that the igain slider is set to 0.
- The AudigyLS has 4 mixer controls for each channel.
- The "spread" button will simply duplicate the
front audio on the other 3 channels so that every speaker is playing what
the front L/R is playing.
- LoopBack recording allows you to capture any channel that's
- Record Volume slider just adjusts the input gain.
- Record Source selector selects the input.
- The "recmon" button enables a passthrough of the
analog input signal.
- Monitor Volume slider sets the passthrough gain if recmon
- audigyls_spdif_enable=0|1 The Audigy LS has a versa-jack
(orange) that can be set as SPDIF output or the Side-Surround left/right
speakers in a 7.1 setup. When set as SPDIF, you can get play PCM/AC3 audio
to a Dolby(R) capable receiver.
/etc/oss4/conf/oss_audigyls.conf Device configuration file