tuned-profiles-compat - description of profiles provided for backward
These profiles are provided for backward compatibility with the tuned-1x. They
are no longer maintained and may be dropped anytime in the future. It's not
recommended to use them for purposes other than backward compatibility. Some
of them are only aliases to base tuned profiles. Please do not use the compat
profiles on new installations and rather use profiles from base tuned package
or other tuned subpackages.
The following profiles are considered compatibility profiles:
- It is the lowest of the available profiles in regard to
power saving and only enables CPU and disk plugins of tuned.
- A power saving profile directed at desktop systems. Enables
ALPM power saving for SATA host adapters as well as the CPU, ethernet and
disk plugins of tuned.
- A power saving profile directed at server systems. Enables
ALPM power saving for SATA host adapters, and activates the CPU and disk
plugins of tuned.
- Medium power saving profile directed at laptops running on
AC. Enables ALPM power saving for SATA host adapters, WiFi power saving as
well as CPU, ethernet and disk plugins of tuned.
- Strong power saving profile directed at laptops running on
battery. Currently an alias to powersave profile.
- Strong power saving profile directed at machines with
classic HDDs. It enables aggressive disk spin-down. Disk writeback values
are increased and disk swappiness is lowered. Log syncing is disabled. All
partitions are remounted with 'noatime' option. All tuned plugins are
- Server profile for high disk throughput performance tuning.
Disables power saving mechanisms and enables deadline IO scheduler.
Enables hugepages and disables disk barriers. Disk readahead values are
increased. CPU governor is set to performance.
Jaroslav Škarvada <email@example.com>
Jan Kaluža <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jan Včelák <email@example.com>
Marcela Mašláňová <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Phil Knirsch <email@example.com>