approx-import - copy local .deb files into the approx cache
]... file.deb ...
copies local .deb files, such as those found in
, into the approx
It does so by computing the MD5 checksum of each argument. If it matches a
package in one of the Packages
files in the approx
then the file is copied to the appropriate location in the cache.
Note that all Packages
files must be scanned, regardless of how many .deb
files are being imported, and this process may take several minutes.
command must be run by the superuser or the
- -c file, --config file
- Specify an additional configuration file. May be used
- -s, --simulate
- Process files but do not actually copy them into the
- -q, --quiet
- Don't print the names of files that are imported.
- -v, --verbose
- Print the disposition of each file.
To import packages from the local apt
- approx-import /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb
To import packages from another proxy's cache:
- find other-cache -name "*.deb" | xargs
is the pathname of the other proxy's cache directory)
Configuration file for approx and related programs.
Default cache directory for archive files.
Eric Cooper <email@example.com>