cnfsstat - Show usage of CNFS buffers
] [-c class
] [ -l
]] [-m buffer
/storage.conf to determine which CNFS buffers are available. It
then reads the specified cyclic buffers and shows their usage status.
can be invoked from rc.news
to true in inn.conf
, and the result is written to syslog
- Besides its usual output, cnfsstat prints the age of
the oldest article in the cycbuff. You may also want to use the -v
flag to see extended consistency checks.
- -c class
- Only information for the specified class is printed.
- Print usage information and exit.
- -i seconds
- With this option, cnfsstat has an initial sleep of
seconds seconds at startup. This is useful when cnfsstat is
started at the same time as INN, so that it can wait a little before
beginning performing its checks.
- -l [seconds]
- With this option, cnfsstat prints a status snapshot
every seconds seconds, and only exits if an error occurs. When
unspecified, the default interval is 600 seconds.
At each iteration, cnfsstat checks whether the cycbuff.conf
and storage.conf files have been modified, and loads the new
configuration if needed.
- -m buffer
- Print information about the specified buffer in a format
suitable for MRTG.
- Print an MRTG config file.
- Write PID into pathrun/cnfsstat.pid.
- Write output to syslog(3) instead of standard
- Write additional information, especially about consistency
checks for article storage and the history file.
Written by Katsuhiro Kondou <firstname.lastname@example.org> for InterNetNews. Converted
to POD by Julien Elie.
$Id: cnfsstat.pod 9721 2014-09-24 17:35:46Z iulius $