fetchnews - retrieve new articles from peer and feed to Cyrus
[ -C config-file
] [ -s
] [ -y
] [ -w wildmat
] [ -f
[ -a authname
[ -p password
] ] peername
retrieves news articles from a peer news server and feeds them
to a Cyrus server. Fetchnews
connects to the peer specified by
, requests new articles since the time stored in
and feeds them to servername
reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf
file unless specified otherwise by -C
- -C config-file
- Read configuration options from config-file.
- -s servername
- Hostname of the Cyrus server (with optional port) to which
articles should be fed. Defaults to "localhost:nntp".
- Don't use the NEWNEWS command. Fetchnews will keep
track of the high and low water marks for each group and use them to fetch
- Use 4 instead of 2 digits for year. 2-digits are rfc977-
but not y2k-compliant.
- -w wildmat
- Wildmat pattern specifying which newsgroups to search for
new articles. Defaults to "*".
- -f tstampfile
- File in which to read/write the timestamp of when articles
were last retrieved. Defaults to "newsstamp" located in
configdir as specified by the configuration options.
- -a authname
- Userid to use for authentication.
- -p password
- Password to use for authentication.