DHCPv6 relay agent
acts as an intermediary to deliver
DHCPv6 messages between clients and servers, and is on the same link as a
needs command line arguments
, which specifies the list of
links accommodating clients.
Options supported by dhcp6relay
- Print debugging messages.
- Even more debugging information is printed.
- Foreground mode (useful when debugging). Although
dhcp6relay usually prints warning, debugging,
or error messages to syslog(8), it prints the
messages to standard error if this option is specified.
- Specifies the source address to relay packets to servers
(or other agents).
- Specifies the hop limit of DHCPv6 Solicit messages
forwarded to servers.
- Specifies the interface on which messages to servers are
sent. When omitted, the same interface as
interface will be used. When multiple
interface are specified, this option
cannot be omitted.
- Specifies the DHCPv6 server address to relay packets to. If
not specified, packets are relayed to ff05::1:3 (All DHCPv6 servers).
- Specifies the script file to be executed when
dhcp6relay receives a RELAY-REPLY message
from a DHCPv6 server. Further detail of the script file syntax is
available in dhcp6c(8)
- Use pid-file to dump the
process ID of dhcp6relay.
- is the default file that contains pid of the currently
Ralph Droms, Editor,
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
(DHCPv6), RFC 3315,
command first appeared in WIDE/KAME
IPv6 protocol stack kit.