dialtest - HylaFAX
dial string processing rules test program
is an interactive program for the testing and development of
dial string processing rules used by HylaFAX
file of rules specified on the command line and then prompts for a dial
string. For each string typed in, dialtest
prints the result of
applying the canonicalization and dial-string preparation rule sets. A rule
set whose name is setname
can be specified by typing ``
)''; for example, ``
Note that dialtest
reads the rules file only when it is initially started
up. This means that dialtest
must be restarted for it to apply changes
to a rules file.
- -a code
- Use code as the value of AreaCode in the
rules file. The default area code is ``415''.
- -c code
- Use code as the value of CountryCode in the
rules file. The default country code is ``1''.
- -i prefix
- Use prefix as the value of
InternationalPrefix in the rules file. The default international
dialing prefix is ``011''.
- -l prefix
- Use prefix as the value of LongDistancePrefix
in the rules file. The default long distance dialing prefix is ``1''.
- Be quiet, suppressing most all output except for the actual
results. This is useful for using dialtest in an automated
- Print each input line before displaying the results of
applying the dial string rules to the input string. This can be useful,
for example, in shell scripts.