diod - distributed I/O daemon
is the distributed I/O daemon server, which implements I/O
forwarding on Linux clusters.
Configuration is read from the diod.conf (5) config file. Some configuration can
be overridden on the command line, as described below.
- -f, --foreground
- Do not change working directory to /var/run, drop the
controlling terminal, or run in the background. Send logs to stderr not
syslog, unless sent somewhere else by -L.
- -r, --rfdno INT
- -w, --wfdno INT
- Serve a connected client inherited on the specified read
and write file descriptors. For file descriptors connected
bidirectionally, the two options may be set to the same value.
- -l, --listen address
- Set the listen address. The address may be in the form of
HOST:PORT, IP:PORT, or /path/to/unix_domain_socket form (default
0.0.0.0:564). This option may be specified more than once. It overrides
the listen config file setting.
- -t, --nwthreads INT
- Set the number of worker threads to spawn to handle 9P
operations for each unique aname. This option overrides the
nwthreads setting in diod.conf (5). The default is 16.
- -e, --export PATH
- Set the file system to be exported. This option may be
specified more than once. It overrides the exports setting in
- -E, --export-all
- Export everything in the server's /proc/mounts.
- -o, --export-opts OPT[,OPT,...]
- Set global export options. This option overrides the
exportopts setting in diod.conf (5).
- -n, --no-auth
- This option allows users to attach without security
credentials. It overrides the auth_required setting in diod.conf
- -N, --no-userdb
- This option disables password/group lookups. It allows any
uid to attach and assumes gid=uid, and supplementary groups contain only
the primary gid. It overrides the userdb setting in diod.conf
- -S, --allsquash
- Remap all users to the squash user. The attaching user need
not be present in the server's password file. This option overrides the
allsquash setting in diod.conf (5).
- -U, --squashuser
- Set the squash user. The default is nobody. This option
overrides the squashuser setting in diod.conf (5). Note: if
diod is not run as root, the effective uid overrides the
- -u, --runas-uid UID
- Run the server as UID and only allow that user to attach.
If invoked as root, diod sets real and effective uid, gid, and
supplementary groups to those belonging to UID.
- -L, --logdest DEST
- Set the destination for logging. Possible destinations are
syslog:facility:level, stderr, stdout, or a file
name. This option overrides the logdest setting in diod.conf
- -d, --debug MASK
- Set the debug mask. The bit values are:
0x01 - log decoded 9P protocol messages
- -c, --config-file PATH
- Set config file path.
diod.conf (5), mount.diod (8), hosts_access (5)