eppfpga - Baycom EPP modem with FPGA configuration/diagnostics tool
eppfpga [ -vh ] [-p portaddr] [-m modestr] [-t
is the configuration and diagnostics utility for the Baycom EPP
modem. It can be used to download the FPGA ``firmware'' or to execute various
tests. This utility is also needed during ifconfig bcex up
therefore should reside in /sbin.
accepts the following options:
- Display an overview of the available command line
parameters and exit.
- Increases the verbosity of the output. May be
- Specifies the base address of the EPP capable parallel port
to which the modem is connected. Use the 0x prefix to specify
- Specifies various ``firmware'' options.
- Execute the named test. Tests may be stopped by pressing
- uses FPGA internal clock; don't use if an external
oscillator is on board.
- uses the external oscillator; recommended if the internal
modem is used, as the frequency of the FPGA oscillator is not accurate
- uses the internal modem
- uses a DF9IC type modem connected to the high speed modem
- sets the clock divider for the internal modem
- sets an internal modem loopback
- allows extended status readback
- disallows extended status readback
- mutes modulation signal output when PTT is off
- modulation signal is continuously output
- tests the on board SRAM using boundary scan
- tests the on board LED's using boundary scan; disconnect
PTT during the test.
- tests the on board DAC using boundary scan
- tests the CON and STA leds using EPP address write
- tests the CON and STA leds using fast EPP address
- performs a BER test using the complete adapter. An external
loopback is required.
- performs a BER test using the complete adapter. Also prints
out the received bits. An external loopback is required.
- frequency counter using the check firmware
- fast DAC test using the check firmware
- fast RAM test using the check firmware
- LED test using the check firmware
ifconfig (8), sethdlc (8),
eppfpga was written by Thomas Sailer, HB9JNX/AE4WA