faxqclean - HylaFAX
queue cleaner process
is a program that processes completed HylaFAX
expunges unreferenced document files. This program is intended to be invoked
(8) on behalf of the super user (i.e. root) one or more times a
day. For example, the following crontab entry might be setup for root to run
0 * * * * /usr/sbin/faxqclean
is run it scans the doneq
subdirectory in the
spooling area and process each job according to the
field specified in the job description file; c.f.
(5). Jobs that are marked for removal are purged and references to
documents are removed. Jobs that are marked for archival may be archived
depending on the options supplied on the command line.
After scanning for completed jobs faxqclean
scans the docq
subdirectory and builds up a table of document files. Files that are not
referenced by any job and that are older than a specified threshold are
- Enable job archiving support.
- This option forces archiving even if 'doneop' in the queue
file is not 'archive', i.e. even if the user submitted the job without
specifying the -A flag to sendfax
- -j secs
- Set the job age threshold (in seconds) that controls how
long jobs may reside in the doneq directory before being processed.
By default this value is 15 minutes (15*60 = 900 seconds).
- -d secs
- Set the document age threshold (in seconds) that controls
how long unreferenced files may reside in the docq directory before
being removed. By default this value is 1 hour (60*60 = 3600
- Do not carry out any work; just show what would be done.
This option is useful together with the -t option for
- -q dir
- The specified directory is treated as the spooling area.
The default spooling area, /var/spool/hylafax, is defined at the
time the software is built.
- Trace in great detail exactly what faxqclean is
doing. Messages are sent to the standard output.
- Print messages on the standard output about jobs removed or
archived and about document files removed.
/var/spool/hylafax/doneq directory to scan for completed jobs
/var/spool/hylafax/docq directory to scan for unreferenced documents
/var/spool/hylafax/archive directory where archived jobs are placed
(5) for a complete discussion of the structure and
content of the spooling area.