faxrcvd - HylaFAX
notification script for received facsimile
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd qfile devid commid
] ] ] ]
is the command script invoked by the facsimile server
whenever a facsimile is received. The default script sends electronic mail to
user describing the content of the facsimile and other
useful information such as the time spent receiving the document. The
- the pathname of the received TIFF file
relative to the root of the spooling hierarchy.
- the modem device on which the facsimile was received.
- the communication identifier for the inbound call.
- an error message that is non-null if an error was
encountered during the receive operation.
- the value of various identification indicators from the
This script can route facsimile directly to the intended recipient. To do this
create a shell script etc/FaxDispatch
in the spooling area that sets
to the receiver's electronic mail address. For example,
case "$SENDER" in
*1*510*526*1212*) SENDTO=sam;; # Sam's test rig in Berkeley
*1*415*390*1212*) SENDTO=raster@asd;; # 7L Xerox room, used for scanning
*5107811212) SENDTO=peebles@mti;; # stuff from home
case "$DEVICE" in
ttyS1) SENDTO=john;; # all faxes received on ttyS1
ttyLT0) SENDTO=mary@home;; # all faxes received on ttyLT0
case "$CIDNUMBER" in
435*) SENDTO=lee; FILETYPE=pdf;; # all faxes from area code 435
5059627777) SENDTO=amy; FILETYPE=tif;; # Amy wants faxes in TIFF
case "$SUBADDR" in
53) SENDTO=FaxMaster;; # without double-notification
roger) SENDTO=roger;; # possible text subaddressing
Note that you must match any embedded white space. The facsimile will be sent as
a MIME-encoded PostScript document as default.
- is equivalent to the nth call identification parameter
- is equivalent to CALLID2 above.
- is equivalent to CALLID1 above.
- is equivalent to device above.
- controls the filetype of the image attachment. Current
filetype options are ``ps'', ``tif'', and ``pdf''. Multiple values may be
specified by separating them with whitespace. In that case a separate
attachment is created for each filetype.
- controls the sender of the received fax notification. It is
given as an e-mail address.
- is equivalent to error-msg above.
- (an underscore ``_'' character is between NOTIFY and
FAXMASTER) indicates whether or not the HylaFAX administrator should be
notified regarding incoming facsimile. Default is ``always''. Also
available are ``never'', which means to never send any received facsimile
notification, and ``errors'', which means to send notification only if
there were reception errors.
- is the received TSI of the fax sender.
- controls the recipient of the received fax notification. It
is given as an e-mail address, and it's value will be passed directly to
the MTA for delivery as well as being inserted into the email. If you want
to send to multiple receipients in seperate messages set the variable
SENDTO1...SENDTOn in addition to SENDTO. faxrcvd will process additional
SENDTOn variables starting at 1, and stopping at the first empty SENDTOn
variable it finds. The templates should continue to reference $SENDTO, and
faxrcvd will make sure it get's set correctly as the template is processed
for each one.
- the received subaddress value, communicated by the sender
for post-reception routing purposes
- the template subdirectory to use when sending e-mails.
HylaFAX ships with a base set of templates, and some direct translations.
To use the German translated templates, set TEMPLATE=de in FaxDispatch.
This is relative to the base template directory.
- Other shell variables are available. Consult the faxrcvd
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area
/usr/sbin/faxinfo for printing information about the facsimile
/usr/bin/fax2ps for converting TIFF to PostScript
/usr/lib/sendmail for delivering mail
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/templates/ base directory for outgoing e-mail templates