faxsetup - setup a machine for use with HylaFAX
] [ -server
is an interactive shell script that does the necessary setup
work to configure a client or server machine for the HylaFAX
must be run on every HylaFAX
server machine before the
software will function-if a HylaFAX
server program or script is invoked
is run, the command will abort with a message that says
to run faxsetup
may optionally be run on a
client machine to verify the configuration of the software.
By default faxsetup
checks a machine for use both as a HylaFAX
client and server. Client-specific checks include:
- the installation of client programs and data,
- the installation of the Adobe Font Metric (AFM) information
files used by the HylaFAX text formatting support.
Server-specific checks include:
- the installation of server programs and data,
- the existence of the UUCP lock file directory,
- the installation of the TIFF software tools,
- the configuration of the getty programs invoked for data
and voice calls,
- the pathnames for various system programs used by server
- proper support for FIFO special files,
- proper installation of a POSTSCRIPT RIP,
- definition of a ``fax'' user,
- definitions for the ``hylafax'' and ``snpp'' services,
- startup of the HylaFAX server processes:
faxq(8) and hfaxd(8),
- definition of a ``FaxMaster'' mail alias for reporting
For server machines faxsetup
also creates two files that are required by
command scripts. One file contains master configuration
parameters and the other contains various definitions used by scripts such as
(8) that communicate with modems.
- Do client-specific consistency checks.
- Do server-specific consistency checks.
- Override the default definition for the configuration
parameter named VAR; optionally specifying a new value (if
no value is specified then ``yes'' is used). This option is especially
useful to override the default settings for the POSTSCRIPT interpreter
package to use (e.g. ``-with-PS=dps''), the spooling directory
(``-with-DIR_SPOOL=/mumble''), the directory where the tool applications
of TIFF software distribution are located
(``-with-TIFFBIN=/usr/freeware''), etc. A complete list of the possible
parameters can be found by looking at the contents of the faxsetup
shell script; many of these configuration parameters are also described in
the online documentation
- Print a help message and terminate.
- Do not print verbose messages to the terminal.
- Print informative messages to the terminal (default).
does not query a modem to find out its capabilities when
invoking the faxmodem
program to setup a server in a send-only
configuration; it may be necessary to run faxmodem
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/setup.cache master configuration parameters
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/setup.modem modem-related configuration support
(5) for a complete discussion of the structure and
content of the spooling area.