all meta information of an existing ufs file system
utility extends the
The output is appended to the file outfile
expect the output file to be rather large. Up to 2 percent of the size of the
specified file system is not uncommon.
The following options are available:
- This restricts the dump to information about this cylinder
group only. Here 0 means the first
cylinder group and -1 the last one.
- This restricts the dump to information about this
particular inode only. Here the minimum acceptable inode is
2. If this option is omitted but a
cylinder group is defined then only inodes within that cylinder group are
- The level of detail which will be dumped. This value
defaults to 255 and is the
“bitwise or” of the following table:
- initial superblock
- superblock copies in each cylinder group
- cylinder group summary in initial cylinder group
- cylinder group information
- inode allocation bitmap
- fragment allocation bitmap
- cluster maps and summary
- inode information
- indirect block dump
- This sets the output filename where the dump is written to,
and must be specified. If - is provided,
output will be sent to stdout.
ffsinfo -o /var/tmp/ffsinfo -l 1023
will dump /dev/vinum/testvol
with all available information.
utility first appeared in
Thomas-Henning von Kamptz
The GROWFS team
Snapshots are handled like plain files. They should get their own level to
provide for independent control of the amount of what gets dumped. It probably
also makes sense to some extend to dump the snapshot as a file system.