gapd - GAP Daemon
[ -h HOST|-a|-l|-u
] [-p PORT
]] [ --infolevel
GAP Daemon - GAP SCSCP server daemon
- -h HOST
- Start at host HOST: HOST may be given as machine name with
or without domain or as 'localhost' (see option -l for that
- Set server address to the one given by hostname(1).
- Start at localhost: reject incoming any connection from the
- Start in `universal' mode: accept all incoming
- -p PORT
- Set server port to PORT, default port set in
- -t MODE
- Redirect the server session output according to the
following MODEs: MODE=no sink the output to `/dev/null' (default
behaviour); MODE=log redirect the output to `/var/log/gapd/gapd.log';
MODE=yes redirect the output to a temporary file, which name is displayed
(and printed to `/var/log/gapd/gapd.log' for granted users); the implicit
mode is MODE=yes for backward compatibility.
- --infolevel-scscp LEVEL
- Set the GAP InfoLevel for SCSCP to LEVEL.
- --infolevel-master LEVEL
- Set the GAP InfoLevel for MasterWorker to LEVEL.
- --infolevel LEVEL
- Indiscriminately set the GAP InfoLevel_s to LEVEL.
- Print this help text and exit.
- Output version information and exit.
Alexander Konovalov and Steve Linton. The GAP Daemon script gapd
slightly improved with backward compatibility and documented hereby by Jerome
Benoit on behalf of the Debian Science Team (August 2014).
- This file is the GAP SCSCP server configuration file on
Debian system: it loads all necessary packages, reads all needed code,
installs all procedures which will be exposed to the client and finally
starts the SCSCP server itself.
- This file sets the default parameters needed by the GAP
SCSCP package; it is fully commented.
- This directory is meant to be the default location on
Debian system for all systemwide configuration material needed by the GAP
SCSCP server and any GAP SCSCP client.
Copyright © 2007-2014 by Alexander Konovalov and Steve Linton
GAP SCSCP package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any
The complete manual for the GAP SCSCP package is available at
/usr/share/gap/pkg/scscp/doc or via the GAP online help system.