iprdump - IBM Power RAID adapter dump utility
iprdump [-d directory]
iprdump --version --debug --use-polling --use-uevents
is used to gather information in the event of an adapter failure.
The dump data will by default be saved in the /var/log/ directory with the
prefix iprdump.# where # will be the dump ID of the file. The ipr dump utility
will make a log in the system error log when a dump is taken. Iprdump should
be started as a service daemon instead of run directly. Nevertheless, it can
also be started at any time and will properly handle adapters being
dynamically added and removed from the system. When it is run directly it will
stay running forever in order to process any dump that might occur. You can
start it with "iprdump --daemon" to force it into the background.
- Print the version number of iprdump
- Enable additional error logging. Enabling this will result
in additional errors logging to /var/log/messages.
- -d <directory>
- Directory where dump data is to be stored. Default is
- Do not use netlink/uevent notification, but rather poll for
adapter and device configuration changes.
- Use netlink/uevent notification rather than polling for
adapter and device configuration changes. If not specified, polling will
be used until the first uevent notification appears, then netlink will be
- Force the daemon to be run in the background
Originally written by Michael Anderson <email@example.com>. Rewritten
for the 2.6 kernel by Brian King <firstname.lastname@example.org>.