iprinit - IBM Power RAID adapter/device initialization utility
iprinit --debug --daemon --use-polling --use-uevents
is used to setup IBM Power RAID adapters and devices for optimal
performance. It will enable U320 scsi speeds if it is determined the disk
enclosure supports it. It will also enable tagged command queuing. Any scsi
bus attributes, such as bus width, or disk attributes, such as queue depth,
that have been setup by iprconfig will be loaded as well. It is desired that
this be called in the boot process, using the init.d script provided.
- Print the version number of iprinit
- Enable additional error logging. Enabling this will result
in additional errors logging to /var/log/messages.
- Run as a daemon to handle adapters and devices being
- Do not use netlink/uevent notification, but rather poll for
adapter and device configuration changes.
- Use netlink/uevent notification rather than polling for
adapter and device configuration changes. If not specified, polling will
be used until the first uevent notification appears, then netlink will be
Brian King (firstname.lastname@example.org)