- separates iptables messages from all other kernel messages.
reads messages from the /var/lib/psad/psadfifo named pipe and
prints any firewall related log messages to the psad data file
cannot detect port scans or
other suspect traffic without kmsgsd running on the machine. kmsgsd
uses the psad.conf configuration file which by default is located at
/etc/psad/psad.conf, but a different path can be specified on the command
- -c <config-file>
- Specify path to config file instead of using the default
configuration file /etc/psad/psad.conf.
- Dump the configuration values that kmsgd derives
from /etc/psad/psad.conf (or other override files) on STDERR.
- Display usage information and exit.
- -O <config-file>
- Override config variable values that are normally read from
the /etc/psad/psad.conf file with values from the specified file. Multiple
override config files can be given as a comma separated list.
Michael Rash (email@example.com)
This manual page was written by Daniel Gubser <firstname.lastname@example.org>
for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).
is distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL), and the
latest version may be downloaded from http://www.cipherdyne.org