mheardd - collect information about packet activity
mheardd [-f] [-l] [-n number] [-p [!]port1[,port2,..]] [-v]
is a daemon that collects the statistics about the activity on
all the AX.25 channels that are configured. The list generated is available
for viewing by the mheard
(1) program. The information collected is a
superset of the information normally collected by similar mheard programs and
this is reflected in the options available for the viewing program. Logging to
the system log file may be enabled which will enable monitoring of
pathalogical conditions, for example invalid frame types and invalid/unknown
- Deletes the existing mheard logging file at program
startup, this is not the default.
- Enables logging to the system log file. The default is
- -n number
- Sets the number of entries in the activity list file, the
default is 100. The minimum value allowed is 10 and the maximum is
- -p [!]port1[,port2,..]
- With -p, you instruct mheardd to only listen on specified
ax25 ports. You may give more ports, separated by ','. If you introduce
the port(s) by a leading '!', then mheardd will listen on all ports except
those you specified.
- Display the version.
Jonathan Naylor G4KLX <firstname.lastname@example.org>